yes performing a dangerous and purely cosmetic surgery on an infant is totally the answer to avoiding confusion about their gender as they age.
not like they’ll have scars or sexual dysfunction, or when they find out about it (in this day and age they probably will) they won’t feel even more confused because their parent(s) felt the need to permanently alter their body so that they would fit neatly inside a sex/gender box rather than putting their health and happiness first.
the answer to dealing with intersex children isn’t to embrace them because they end up being a good percentage of the population! that would be too easy!
it’s obviously harder to de-emphasize sex and gender as institutions that create and further oppression and easier to put every single baby who isn’t perfectly male or female through an unnecessary surgery.
(in case you were wondering, i’m always mad about intersex genital mutilation and until it completely disappears i’ll stay mad)
- whitecisman likes this
- molewoman reblogged this from tattooeddicks
- molewoman likes this
- cognitivecissonance reblogged this from tattooeddicks
- thealto-nator reblogged this from tattooeddicks
- thealto-nator likes this
- cockbite-euphemism reblogged this from tattooeddicks
- seasaltaddict reblogged this from tomaemylock
- tomaemylock reblogged this from thetruedemon
- tomaemylock likes this
- thetruedemon reblogged this from dyslexxicon
- rudenewt likes this
- dullaidan likes this
- orie-ana likes this
- masaothedog reblogged this from tattooeddicks
- masaothedog likes this
- zewhomustnotbenamed reblogged this from tattooeddicks
- zewhomustnotbenamed likes this
- fwippy likes this
- ultimateworrier likes this
- pyrzqxgl likes this
- destiny919 reblogged this from hibernatingsunflower
- destiny919 likes this
- spasmsofreethought likes this
- capitalideachaps reblogged this from tattooeddicks
- hibernatingsunflower reblogged this from tattooeddicks